What Personal Information do we collect?
For the purposes of this policy, personal information means information about an identifiable individual as defined from time to time in applicable privacy legislation. Generally speaking, personal information does not include what is considered business contact information: your name, title or position, business address, telephone number,or information prepared by persons as part of their employment. By using this website, you accept the Policy and the Terms & Conditions prescribed in this website. Please note that the types of personal information that PLABO may collect about you includes, but is not limited to, your name, home address, telephone number, personal email address, billing and account information, information about your business, and other information incidental to providing services to you and / or on behalf of our Partners.
PLABO may receive personal information from members or dealer members for the purpose of providing services to them and their customers. In these cases, PLABO relies on the members or dealer members to ensure that such personal information is disclosed to PLABO in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. Such personal information is used only for the purpose of providing the services in question.
We have a physical presence in India (in multiple cities), and may in the normal course of operations collect personal information through visits from the public, capture of video images on security cameras, telephone inquiries, or employment inquiries. This personal data, incidental to normal business administration, is not collected for a business purpose or shared with trusted third parties except under exceptional circumstances as required by law.
Why do we collect your Personal Information?
In general, PLABO collects, uses and discloses personal information about our customers / Users. More specifically, we collect, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to share Personal Information to and from third parties for the purposes of marketing; better user experience;
- to develop, enhance or otherwise provide PLABO products and services;
- to sell or otherwise provide products and services of third parties with whom PLABO has an association;
- to distribute ournewsletter,and other materials toindividuals / customers / users on our mail and e-mail lists including via third parties mailing houses and e-mail service providers;
- for any other purpose to which you consent
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
From time to time, PLABO may disclose your Personal Information to:
- service providers including an organization or individual retained by PLABO to perform functions on its behalf such as marketing, surveying, data processing, document management, and office services;
- to our insurers and to regulatory agencies, insurers or others in connection with regulatory or other obligations of PLABO in its capacity;
- to our members for the purposes of their business of marketing various relative products and services;
- any related third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Individuals / users are encouraged to provide updates to their personal information as changes occur, to enable us to continue to provide services to them.
Where do we store and protect your Personal Information?
PLABO has in place standard security measures and procedures to ensure that your personal information is protected from the misuse and from unauthorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Personal information, whatever its form, will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The safeguards will protect personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Your Personal Information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by PLABO , located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers or on cloud.
How do we protect your Personal Information? To help protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information, PLABO employs administrative and technological safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of your Personal Information. Where Personal Information is sent to a third party for processing we ensure, through our contracts with them, that all Personal Information is kept secure. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems.
Privacy and our Website
- Online Communications – In order to provide our website visitors with a service or information, visitors may voluntarily submit Personal Information to us for purposes such as asking a question, obtaining information, reviewing or downloading a publication, participating in a seminar or other event, and participating in contests and surveys. If you are known to PLABO as a registered user of an online service, we may combine and store Personal Information about your use of our website and the online information you have provided with certain other online and offline information we may have collected.
- E-Mail Communications - Occasionally,we may send e-mail communications to you with information that may be useful, including information about PLABO and its members and other third parties with whom we have a relationship. We will include simple instructions on how to unsubscribe and inform us of preferences if you decide you do not want to receive any future e-mails from PLABO
- Links - Our website may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience only. Visitors are advised that other third-party websites may have different privacy policies and practices than PLABO , and PLABO has no responsibility for such third-party websites.
Opt-in and Opt-out Options
We take the issue of unwanted commercial electronic communications seriously and therefore provide the options to help assure and enforce the opt-in and opt-out nature of the service. Consent to opt-in is implied when a member requests information on specific PLABO opportunities, or by subscribing to the e-newsletter. Each e-newsletter message we send has a simple and clear “unsubscribe” link. This gives the customer the option to be removed from the subscriber database so that they do not receive future mailings.
How may you obtain access to your Personal Information?
Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, PLABO will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information and will give you access to that information. Access requests should be sent to our Corporate Office, using the contact information below. There are a few instances where we may not be able to provide some of the personal information we hold, including:
- if it is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege;
- if it contains references to other individuals;
- if it cannot be disclosed for legal, security, or commercial proprietary reasons, or
- if it is prohibitively costly to provide